- ACCN is a new, volunteer-driven organization that is pioneering
a unique initiative that goes beyond being merely a fund-provider.
- Volunteers are highly-valued and could find rich opportunities to
become involved as builders e.g. as organizational capacity-builders
with the church and as community-capacity-builders with grass-root
Become a member of the grant action team
This position suits volunteers with experience, knowledge
and skills in one or more of the four Priority Areas of the ACCN Grants
Program, (i.e. Family, Education, Employment and Crime Prevention/Justice)
who, can serve as members of the Grant Review Team.
- Volunteers can play a valuable role as members of ACCN Board.
- The criteria for membership on the Board of Directors are outlined
in the ACCN Constitution.
These volunteers will assist church and/or community organizations who
have been approved for ACCN funding or identified as potential recipients
and who need coaching in specific areas that builds their capacities
and capabilities in achieving sound development and/or implementation
of their projects.
In this position, volunteers will provide leadership
in the orientation and training sessions for Grant Action Team members.
These volunteers will undertake speaking at engagements with churches,
community organizations and schools to promote the role and functions
of ACCN and its Volunteer and Grants Programs.
These volunteers will participate as panel speakers at ACCN sponsored
workshops, seminars, conferences, symposia, etc.
Expectations of Volunteers
- Volunteers involved in the ACCN organizational activities will
be expected to attend scheduled meetings or events (3 hrs) monthly
or as required
- Volunteer tasks associated with reviewing and selecting proposals,
training, etc., will be consistent with ACCN funding cycles and deadlines
- Generally, the Grants Review & Selection process will require
about thirty hours over a four to five-weeks period.
Benefits of volunteering with ACCN
- Orientation and training in areas of responsibility
- Leadership development
- Opportunity to use experience and skills to benefit the community
- Opportunity to support youth and their families
- Recognition and awards
How to become an ACCN volunteer
Volunteer Application Process
- Contact ACCN Office
- Complete and submit the online Volunteer
- Be sure to provide detailed information on interests, work/volunteer
experience knowledge skills and availability
- ACCN will acknowledge your application - generate automatic acknowledgement
- ACCN will review your application and contact you.